Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In with the Old; Out with the New


The year 2009 has been a huge eye opener for me! I don't know if it is because I am getting older, or if I am not as naieve as I once have been. After noticing that this world isn't a perfect, happy place like I once had thought, I have decided I am going to make alot of changes and goals for myself. First of all, I am going to be a better wife to my husband. I have noticed that Scott really does love me and will do anything for me. I have decided I am going to quit asking so many dang questions, and to start serving his dinner more. As for my children I have decided to say NO more often. I have been told I am too nice of a mom, and I realized that my kids will ask the same question over and over again until I give them the answer they want. Therefore, my new answer will be NO over and over again. I have decided that perhaps I will save alot more money this way. I have also decided to call my parents and my parents in laws at least once a week whether they like it or not! They will hear from me and all of the wonderful stories I have about myself and my children. As for my friends, I have decided to get rid of the mean, decietful, dishonest ones. I think I am doing a dang good job getting rid of them. The last decision I have made is that I am going to go to church every Sunday. I have a fear of going to outter darkness. Right now I believe I am at the point where they will put me in time out, to let me see what it is really like. I have decided if I start going to church that I will have a chance of staying out of time out. I only want happiness in my life, so I can think that this world is made of Sugar and Spice and everything nice.


6 comments:

Jessie Riley said...

WOW! What a great post. I love the honesty!

Good luck with your goals. I'm a BIG believer in saying them out loud or writing them down. I think it makes you more accountable for them, if someone else actually hears it... or if you hear yourself say them out loud!
ps...
CUTE PICTURE!

Team 'Iloa said...

THIS IS WHY I LOVE YOU~!!
You have a great perspective and I love new goals... or should I say old goals!
Good luck with all you do. I hope you know I love the old and new... err... old you. That is confusing. Anyway, you can do anything youset your mind to so GOOD LUCK. PS, let's go to dinner tonight! (unless you wanna make your honey a good home cooked meal. I totally support that!)

The Maucotel's said...

LOVE this post! Goals are incredible. I heard a great thing one time about praying for your goals like you would pray for blessings, and how that really helps to accomplish them. It helps alot! Your goals are amazing, way to go!

Emily said...

I love you! YOUR BEST POST EVER!!!..... Sorry it took me so long to actually read it! You are an amazing mom, and I don't know how you do all the things you do. You need to give yourself more credit.... YOU DESERVE IT! :)

Jodi said...

I agree with Megan, you are so honest and dare I say "pure"! Love your goals and that you are sharing them with us! You are an amazing person who could never go anywhere but straight UP! I am grateful for you and I Love You!

Brookie Biggers said...

WOW I LOVE THIS POST!
Good for you, I love that you are so honest. Good for you!