Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Carly's Baptized!!







Carly is officially baptized!! She turned 8 April 14, and was suppose to be baptized in May. Unfortunately we live four hours away from our families, so it was hard getting everyone together. We finally decided that Carly and her cousin Nathan should get baptized together. Last weekend we went up to Salt Lake, and on Saturday Carly offically became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ in Bountiful Utah. Carly and Nate were the only ones baptized out of their whole stake, so we got to do our own intimate program. My sister-in-law Meredith and myself were able to do a spotlight on our guest of honors. Afterwards my other sister-in-law Jody and Meredith's sister did a talk on Baptism and the Holy Ghost. All of the cousins went up and sang the Baptism song, and I thought it was so cute watching a bunch of 11 year boys mumble the song. After the program Carly and Nate both got baptized and then confirmed. The blessings were beautiful, and we could really feel the spirit there. After the baptism we went back to Derek's and Meredith's house for really yummy food, and of course what is a family get together with out Karoke? Scott and I has the best family in the world! We are so lucky that everyone took the time to come out and spend Carly's special day with her.



7 comments:

Emily said...

OH she is growing up! next thing you know she will have boobs and a boyfriend! I can't stand it.. our babies are getting too big, too fast! Sorry for being the worst friend in the WORLD and missing this. Darn Migrane!!! love u

Missy 'n Danny said...

yah for Carly! We are so proud of her.

Team 'Iloa said...

What a happy happy day!
And yes, I want to come play in your back yard... wait... I mean, I want to chit chat with you and Bobbi while my kids play in your dirt!

Thanks for all you sweet comments, you make me feel so good and I need that now a days!

Hollie said...

How fun. It must be quite an experience watching your child be baptized. Glad the day went so well and got to be so intimate, that's an added bonus.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Carly!

Jessie Riley said...

UM. we are NOT old enough to have children being DIPPED in baptizm by their fathers... I will NOT believe it!

OH... and WHILE i'm NOT believing it. Congrats... how NEAT!!!

Adrienne Mason said...

Congratulations Carly!!! Berlyn will be 8 in March, and is so excited to be baptized. Isn't it fun to get old?